Abducted 16-Year-old Girl Released in Bushes

CHANTILLY GARDENS, Westmoreland — A 16-year-old girl who told relatives a harrowing tale of being abducted Tuesday night, said she sought safety in the house of a 91-year-old woman after being freed by red her captor.

On arriving at the house on Wednesday, the elderly woman’s caregiver used her mobile phone to call the teenager’s grateful mother who alerted the police. The girl was allegedly abducted in Chantilly Gardens, Westmoreland and ended up in the Banbury, Bath section of the parish, about two miles away.

According to the girl’s relatives, she was at home when a male peer called her outside. They were returning from a shop in the community when a man jumped out of his car, pulled her in and drove off. The alleged incident happened shortly after 7:30 pm.

“Him seh him hear har scream out, and the man push har inna the car,” a relative said.

“Mi feel it, not even food mi couldn’t eat last night,” he added.

He said residents saw a white Toyota Kingfish motor car speeding through the community at the time of the alleged abduction.

The girl’s mother said she was worshipping at church when she got news of her daughter’s disappearance.

“Mi fling weh mi phone!” she said of her reaction to the news that left her in shock and disbelief.

Those emotions were replaced by joy on Wednesday when she was told her daughter had been found.

“Mi glad seh she nuh dead and mi give thanks to God,” said the teenager’s mother.

She shared details of the event, as told by her daughter.

“She seh him put di bag over har head and use a cord and tie around her head and her hands,” the woman said.

“Him then loose har hands and let her guh and she run inna the cane field,” she added.

The teenager eventually spotted a house and knocked at its door. An elderly woman let her in and allowed her to spend the night.

Her relatives contacted the police the next day and the young girl underwent tests and treatment at the Savanna-la-Mar Public General Hospital.

On Wednesday, the local police confirmed that a missing person report had been filed about 10:00 the night before. The Centre for Investigation of Sexual Offenses and Child Abuse (CISOCA) has launched an investigation into the incident.

“Mi left dem up to God enuh! God nuh ready fi dem yet, dem day a come,” the mother said of anyone involved in the allegedly abduction of her child.

The teenager’s grandfather, who lives with her and her mother, has also been devastated by the alleged incident.

“Mi feel it man, mi miss her last night. Wah dem do to her, mi nuh know,” he said.

What's Your Reaction?

  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0